I've been having thoughts recently.
This is new, I know.
Yeah, it's true man.
I feel really good regarding what I give back to the hobby.
I get a lot from it - I get a competitive outlet, entertainment.. the social aspect.. it's better than drugs and whores.. you know..
I give back... well, this blog and the gaming club that I run in Cambridge with a couple of the other guys.
And that's great - I feel we have rescued and revitalised a community that had been split and seperated by circumstance.
Now I want more.
I want to run a tournament.
We have wanted to run a Sons' tournament for a long time.. sonce the idea of 'Blog Wars' since sprung to life in comments on this blog, we have been toying with the idea of a tournament.
What I want to know is this:
1) Has anyone got an easy access Excel spreadsheet for tracking points set up that I could have a look at? email to exploder1889 at hotmail dot com - Ta!
2)What are the typical pitfalls? Its a Scout Hut venue.. whats the deal? What are the issues here?
3) Any general advice?
4) Anyone fancy coming!? lol.... I'm going to try and give all the loca club guys first refusal on ticket sales and then open it up.. Thinking bout 13/14th July.. seems decent.. we are only looking at doing a 30 person event..
5) Is 30 the right size for a first tournament?
6) I'm thinking 5 games cause it's a pain in the arse playing six and travelling.. now, most of the guys will be relatively local for this.. but if we finish in the afternoon at a reasonable hour, then we can cast a wider net.
7) Facilities - Kitchen, Scout Hut, Tables, Terrain, Parking, Food, Travelodge...pub round corner.. all check.. what am I missing?
8) Marketing - locally Facebook for the gaming club, get the podcast boys to throw out some coverage, get the other club in Cambridge to throw it up on FaceyB too.. adverts and links on the blog.. get the blogging community to step up and help advertise.. Warseer and the Warhammer Forum...
9) I'd like to develop this into something that happens every 3 months and builds itself into a name and a decent event on the tournament calendar.
Um.. this isn't a question Ven?
Nor was that.. where the fuck did that snowmobiling come from.........?
Feed Ven with ideas please guys and gir.. lads.
Supply me with ideas!
Tell me its easy..!
Tell me you love me... err..