Wednesday, 14 May 2014
7th Edition Warhammer 40,000 is here! Wishlisting....
Posted by Venerable Brother
Not just around the corner - approaching me down the street and locking eye contact with me as I stroll along.
Bloody Hell! That was a brief, strangely transient edition of 40K.
During this edition, I have represented my country at the game I love and played in a number of tournaments - winning a few (mianly single dayers) but always placing highly. I expanded my collection and I actually got a few whole armies fully painted.
Quite frankly I feel that this last point is the most glorious statement in this hobby...ever!
But moving on.
What do I want to see from this game moving forward?
1) Randomness eliminated (lots of early references to D3 and D66? rolls... oh dear, although to counteract this, difficult terrain is now just -2" penalty. Like it. I suppose it is worth a sentence to say of course this is a dice game and therefore we cannot eliminate all randomness - even in my list building where I try and build in robustness and resilience against the dice, they can still come back and get ya!
3) Changes to the overwhelmingly powerful psychic combos that create...... ->
4) Deathstar mitigation - the current edition is somewhat.. heavy...on the Deathstar. I played a balanced and MSU approach to my 5th ed gaming, in 6th even I have moved away from that at times and have run Deathstars in tournaments, most recently O'Vesa at Caledonian Uprising. This saw me win a lot but never by a large margin as even here I moderated my approach and went with a balanced/star approach. It's all or nothing with Deathstars and I couldn't bring myself to go the whole hog - although I did feel that this gave me a balanced force, I'm not convinced.. anyway, that's not what this is for!
5) Balanced armies.... hmm.... 'Unbound' = fail. Yeah, I want a rule set that doesn't favour one army in particular! Good luck with that!
6) Blood Angels! I want my Blood Angels back! More fire, more blood, more god damn Rage and Thirst! I want a new Mephiston model too for fucks sake! A massive, dynamic mother fucker of a model!
It'd be nice if Dante wasn't toally average too... oldest Chapter Master etc, etc...
7) Ragnar Blackmane! Make him playable!
Anyway, what do you guys want to see from 7th Edition and are you looking forward to it?
That's what I want to know... i've been playing loads of X Wing recently to get over my 40k boredom and I'm excited to have it rejuvenated... what about you guys?