Wednesday 5 October 2011

WIP Ariadna Kazak Tank Hunters and Terrain

This is the Infinity style. Anime inspired to my eye.. and I like it. I have been working towards getting a painting style that fits with this sort of art, and it is proving tricky. Rather than try and work in a 'grim dark' 40k look, I have been using a brighter and more colourful approach to my Infinity painting. So far I think it is working ...........
 This is a WIP Ariadna Tank Hunter. 
He currently just has 2 very thin base coats on (over grey primer), a wash of Devlan Mud (the greatest wash ever) and then 2 very thin coats of the base colour over the top to bring back the colour to the majority of the model...  


 He still has alot of work to go, but in the spirit of trying to get some painting done and complete... I have begun work on the next dude in line... 

Another Tank Hunter model, but this chap only has the base coats and the wash of Devlan Mud on him.. I do really like the 'packed out' nature of these guys, they feel fully kitted out for a skirmish........and I would most definately not have any issues with these boys being WYSIWYG!! Plenty of grenades etc..


Next up we have the beginning of the 'protection' stage for the mini's..the fully painted (except his Adhesive Launcher which still requires highlighting) dude has now has a gloss coat of varnish painted onto him. I prefer painting on the varnish as I can get a smooth, evenly distributed coat..although I am sure functionally there is no difference spraying! He will also get a matt coat of varnish to really dull him down again...I've never seen 'Dullcote' in the UK, so I use the same Humbrol branded varnish that I use for the gloss...

The 2 WIP dudes next to one another, it realy is amazing the difference between a washed mini and just with a simple base colour repainted on after wash... when I start layering my watered down highlights I hope to create a smooth and even highlight that'll draw the eye..

So next up, as mentioned in the title, we have a little sneak peek at some basic terrain...
I'll go into detail on these simple, but effective little pieces, but suffice to say for now that they are really great, I can knock one up in about 15 minutes and they look very good on the tabletop... providing excellent cover, corridors of fire etc..

These look great... So simple to do as well.. I back the paper with cereal boxes..in my case Shredded Wheat! Not very exciting, but it does the job...for the terrain too.. The models feel incredibly sturdy once they are glued to the card and I have no fears with balancing models on them...the same cannot be said for when they are just the paper templates folded up..
Ok, that's me done for now, just a quick one as I am hard at work at the minute...believe it or not lol!

1 comment:

  1. Those are looking really nice Ven. You should post those on the official forum!!!

    ReplyDelete